Attorney at Law
Business Lawyer, Austin, TX
I am technology and business lawyer with 20yrs of experience. I am passionate about providing straight answers and out of box solutions, including creative payment structures. Startups and established businesses alike benefit from my outsourced general counsel services.
Please see Practice Areas for the full range of legal services I provide. I look forward to serving you and your business.
General Counsel Services are generally conducted on a flat fee basis and can include
- negotiating and drafting commercial contracts,
- ongoing corporate governance,
- attendance at board and shareholder meetings,
- preparation of corporate advice memoranda,
- resolutions and consents,
- employment and HR oversight including employment agreements,
- independent contractor agreements,
- hiring and firing processes,
- employment handbooks and workplace policies,
- as well as routine corporate real estate transactions.
Business Startup Services can be conducted as a single flat fee or can be conducted in phases according to the budget constraints of the startup and can include:
- choice of entity counselling,
- name availability,
- trademark clearance,
- corporate formation,
- corporate books and records including shareholder ledgers,
- stock certificates,
- meeting minutes and resolutions,
- banking authorization,
- founder’s agreements,
- shareholder agreements,
- investor agreements,
- by-laws and operating agreements,
- state and local business licenses,
- non-compete agreements,
- intellectual property assignments,
- initial employment agreements, and
- hours of advice to the business founders.
Business Growth Services can be conducted on a flat fee or hourly basis and may include:
- corporate finance transactions,
- raising debt and equity capital,
- mergers and acquisitions,
- due diligence,
- competitive analysis,
- investor agreements,
- stock purchase and subscription agreements,
- convertible notes,
- buy-sell agreements,
- employment audits,
- real estate purchases,
- commercial leasing,
- equipment leasing,
- custom contract preparation,
- out of state and foreign expansion,
- regulatory compliance, and more.
Intellectual Property Services include:
- intellectual property counselling,
- registration of trademarks,
- registration of copyright,
- trade secret protection,
- product commercialization strategies,
- brand protection,
- invention assignments,
- intellectual property due diligence,
- intellectual property audits,
- acquiring IP licenses,
- IP agreements,
- international IP registration,
- IP valuation and more.
Internet and Technology Law Services include:
- technology licensing agreements,
- software licenses,
- development agreements,
- software escrow agreements,
- website terms and conditions,
- privacy policies,
- DMCA compliance,
- EU GDPR compliance,
- responding to subpoenas,
- issuing and responding to take-down requests,
- domain name acquisition and sales,
- domain name disputes, online contracts,
- internet marketing agreements and more.
Business Litigation Services are almost always conducted on an hourly fee basis, however, we often adopt flexible and creative fee models to work with our clients budgets. Business Litigation Services include:
- Early case evaluation,
- litigation budgeting and management,
- business litigation and litigation management,
- arbitration, mediation and dispute resolution,
- selection of outside counsel and local counsel in foreign jurisdictions,
- case management and settlement strategies,
- alternative dispute resolution,
- advising on matters including claims of intellectual property infringement,
- trade secret misappropriation,
- restrictive covenant enforcement,
- shareholder and partnership disputes,
- breach of contract and other complex commercial litigation.
Affordable Business Lawyer, Austin TX
I am based in Austin, Texas, and licensed in Texas, Nevada and Georgia. As a business lawyer I have represented my clients in state and federal courts all across the country from Rhode Island to California. I assist established and startup businesses across the United States as well as international and foreign businesses and investors.
I operate my business law practice efficiently. I am cost-conscious and seek to provide an exceptional product at a tremendous value to my clients. I regularly structure unique and creative payment arrangements that more resemble SaaS software licenses with in-app purchases than traditional lawyer hourly billing arrangements. I can work with even the smallest business startup budget and will provide cost estimates and forecasts for your business planning purposes. My personal philosophy and business approach is that there is always a deal that can be made – we just have to find it.
I am confident that by hiring my law firm you will get the professional business legal assistance necessary for your business success. I look forward to meeting you and discovering how I can help your business grow.
ABOUT AUSTIN, TX
- #1 Tech City in the World (Savills PLC)
- #1 place in the U.S. to Start a Business (CNBC)
- #1 city in the United States for Next Biggest Boom Town (Forbes)
- #1 for startups (Kauffman Foundation)
- #1 City for Small Business (American City Business Journal)
- #1 Best City for Young Entrepreneurs (MoneyRates.com)
- #1 best place to live in the country (US News and World Report)
The difference between Nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements Nondisclosure agreements and confidentiality…
Arizona Blockchain Regulation Arizona passes an amendment to its Electronic Transactions…
Choice of Business Entity for Entrepreneurs For every entrepreneur a new…
Brian was always the smartest guy in the room. He isn’t just a lawyer. He is also a savvy business person. He understands the legal framework as it relates to business decisions, always acting as a voice of reason. Most attorneys are just no-people, saying “no” as their automatic reaction to just about everything. But Brian is able to think more strategically and give advice that makes practical business sense. I would definitely recommend Brian’s expertise to anyone.
VP of Marketing
Brian is a superb lawyer. He has assisted me with all kinds of matters from litigation, intellectual property, corporate formations, business structuring, raising investments, and real estate just to name some. I would not hesitate to work with Brian again and I would recommend him to any business owner looking for a competent, fair and smart business lawyer.
Entrepreneur / Investor
I initially hired Brian to lead the legal functions of my company, which he did exceptionally. Brian quickly demonstrated that he was also valuable in many other ways and he emerged as a versatile business leader who assisted me in executing my business vision in a period of rapid growth. I relied on Brian to tackle the most difficult problems and he did so with competence, professionalism and a sense of urgency.
President / CEO
start here - it's simple and free
- Is your business being sued?
- Want to protect your business or your IP?
- Do you know your Business Legal Health?
- Are you exposing your business to risks?